What better way to end Christmas than with a matchup between two of the most exciting teams in the league in the Golden State Warriors and Los Angeles Clippers?
It may be the best game out of the five games to be played on Christmas, as it is clear that these two teams do not like each other. From disagreements on the court to refusing to congregate together for chapel off the court, there may be a start of a rivalry brewing between NorCal and SoCal.
Clippers coach Doc Rivers, however, thinks all the talk is overblown.
“We are two teams trying to win the West and going to the Finals. But neither one of us has the right to be angry at either one right now,” Rivers told the Los Angeles Times. “Let the season go on and we’ll see where it goes. … I think half of it is manufactured hate … It’s not real yet. We have not played in the playoffs, so I don’t get it.”
Tale of the Tape
- Points per game: 102.5 (11th)
- Field goal percentage: 46.1% (9th)
- 3-point percentage: 40.3% (2nd)
- Opponents’ field goal percentage: 42.9% (T-3rd)
- Rebounds per game: 45.7 (5th)
- Turnovers: 16.9 (29th)
- Points per game: 105.1 (5th)
- Field goal percentage: 46.5% (7th)
- 3-point percentage: 33.6% (25th)
- Opponents’ field goal percentage: 44.2% (T-7th)
- Rebounds per game: 43.0 (14th)
- Turnovers: 13.9 (7th)
GOLDEN STATE: Festus Ezeli (right knee surgery), Ognjen Kuzmic (fifth metacarpal fracture, right hand) and Jermaine O’Neal (right wrist surgery) are out.
LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS: J.J. Redick (fractured right hand/torn ligament in right wrist), Reggie Bullock (sprained left ankle), Maalik Wayns (torn meniscus left knee) are out.
Good to Know
- The Clippers are on a five-game winning streak, the longest current streak in the league.
- Stephen Curry is averaging 33.0 points per game in his last two games against the Clippers. It should be fun to watch him battle Chris Paul in a matchup of two of the best point guards in the league.
GOLDEN STATE (16-13)
- F Andre Iguodala
- F David Lee
- C Andrew Bogut
- G Klay Thompson
- G Stephen Curry
LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS (20-9)
- F Jared Dudley
- F Blake Griffin
- C DeAndre Jordan
- G Jamal Crawford
- G Chris Paul
Tip-off: 7:30 PM (PST)
Location: Oracle Arena, Oakland, CA