The Golden State Warriors have been accustomed to playing tight, close games this season, but Friday night was a nice exception as they routed the Phoenix Suns 115-86 at Oracle Arena.
Stephen Curry recorded his second triple-double this season with 14 points, 16 assists, and 13 rebounds, leading a Warriors’ offense that was efficient and fun to watch.
The Warriors (18-13) started off on the right foot and never looked back. They trailed just once in the game, and dominated the Suns (17-11) on the scoreboard from the end of the first quarter onwards. Golden State ended the second quarter on a 25-8 run, taking a 19-point lead into halftime. In fact, Curry was just a rebound and an assist shy of recording a triple-double in the first half alone. The Warriors kept the pressure on in the third quarter, and coasted to a huge win with their bench getting the majority of minutes in the final frame.
Tale of the Tape
- Field Goals: 52.9% (45-85)
- 3-Pointers: 40.0% (8-20)
- Rebounds: 41
- Assists: 32
- Turnovers: 21
- Field Goals: 36.0% (32-89)
- 3-Pointers: 17.4% (4-23)
- Rebounds: 41
- Assists: 12
- Turnovers: 17
- If you shoot 52.9 percent throughout the course of a game, you better win by a lot.
- The Warriors held the Suns to just 36 percent shooting, and their stifling defense showed with the Suns recording a mere 12 assists. Stephen Curry had more assists than the entire Suns team.
Good to Know
- All 12 Warriors played and scored.
- The last time Warrior point guard to record multiple triple-doubles in a season was Baron Davis (2007).
- The Warriors have a league-leading four-game win streak.
The Warriors played a near-perfect game (minus the 21 turnovers), so take note. Savor it. Relish it.
No fingernail-biting, no yelling at the TV, no cursing under your breath. Tonight, it was simply fun and relaxing Warriors basketball (which is a pretty big oxymoron).
What’s on Tap
A seven-game road trip will begin on Sunday when the Warriors take on the Cavaliers. We will be participating in Right Down Euclid’s “3-on-3 Fastbreak” to preview the contest.
Tags: Golden State Warriors