It’s a Sunday matinee between the Golden State Warriors and Toronto Raptors, two teams that are currently riding hot streaks.
The Warriors come in having won five of their last six games, and they scored a resounding road win over the Knicks on Friday. Their offense was clicking on all cylinders as Stephen Curry recorded a triple-double in his first time back in New York City since his 54-point game last February.
Meanwhile, the Raptors have won six of eight games, but are coming off of a triple-overtime loss to the Wizards on Thursday. Nonetheless, Toronto has far exceeded expectations this season. In a relatively weak Eastern Conference compared to the West, the Raptors’ 32-26 record puts them behind the Pacers and Heat for the third best record in the conference.
Tale of the Tape
- Points per game: 103.4 (10th)
- Field-goal percentage: 45.6 (11th)
- Three-point percentage: 37.8% (7th)
- Defensive field-goal percentage: 43.3% (3rd)
- Rebounds per game: 45.8 (2nd)
- Turnovers: 15.4 (28th)
- Points per game: 100.1 (18th)
- Field-goal percentage: 44.0% (23rd)
- Three-point percentage: 36.3% (12th)
- Defensive field-goal percentage: 44.5% (8th)
- Rebounds per game: 43.1 (14th)
- Turnovers: 13.5 (9th)
The last time these two teams met, the Warriors pulled off one of the great comebacks in recent NBA history. Down by as many as 27 points to the Raptors at home on Dec. 3, the Warriors rallied in the second half and pulled away with a 112-103 victory:
Via Warriors.com game notes:
- Golden State has won 11 of its last 13 games against Toronto, including the last nine-straight at Oracle Arena.
- Stephen Curry’s career averages of 27.3 points and 8.7 assists in seven games vs. the Raptors are his best marks against any single opponent in his career.
GSW: Festus Ezeli (recovery from right knee surgery) and Nemanja Nedovic (left hamstring strain/right foot inflammation) are out.
GOLDEN STATE (36-23)
- F Andre Iguodala (9.4 PPG)
- F David Lee (18.7 PPG)
- C Andrew Bogut (8.0 PPG)
- G Klay Thompson (17.9 PPG)
- G Stephen Curry (23.9 PPG)
- F Terrence Ross (10.6 PPG)
- F Amir Johnson (10.4 PPG)
- C Jonas Valanciunas (10.3 PPG)
- G DeMar Derozan (22.7 PPG)
- G Kyle Lowry (16.9 PPG)
Tip-off: 1:00 PM PST
Location: Air Canada Centre, Toronto
TV: LOCAL (CSNBA)
Tags: Golden State Warriors