Golden State Warriors fans surely remember Jarrett Jack as an integral part of their team’s success last season, coming off the bench and not afraid of taking the big shots.
Jack will make his return to Oracle Arena for the first time in a Cleveland Cavaliers uniform, as the Warriors take on the Cavaliers at home on Friday night.
While Jack says he enjoys playing in Cleveland, he probably isn’t very happy with how things have gone with the Cavaliers this season. They are 15 games under .500 and have lost four of their last five games. But that isn’t because of lack of talent. Jack starts in the backcourt alongside budding superstar Kyrie Irving, with the recently acquired Spencer Hawes and Luol Deng also in the starting lineup. Dion Waiters is their sixth man, and can provide instant offense off the bench.
The Warriors, meanwhile, are looking to put a 111-98 loss at the Clippers on Wednesday night behind them. They have still won five of their last six, and look to gain ground in the Western Conference playoff picture. While no NBA game is a gimme, this is a contest where the Warriors are favorites and should be able to win.
Tale of the Tape
- Points per game: 103.5 (11th)
- Field-goal percentage: 45.8 (10th)
- Three-point percentage: 37.7% (7th)
- Defensive field-goal percentage: 43.3% (T-2nd)
- Rebounds per game: 45.4 (T-2nd)
- Turnovers: 15.2 (T-26th)
- Points per game: 97.2 (23rd)
- Field-goal percentage: 42.8% (30th)
- Three-point percentage: 35.5% (18th)
- Defensive field-goal percentage: 45.4% (T-13th)
- Rebounds per game: 44.4 (10th)
- Turnovers: 13.7 (10th)
Via Warriors.com game notes:
- The Warriors have won six-straight against Cleveland, which is tied for the team’s longest win streak vs. the Cavs (six games) set in 1971-72 and again in 1973-74… With a win tonight, Golden State will have its longest win streak against the franchise.
- Not only have the Warriors won six-straight against Cleveland, but they’ve won five of those six games by at least 10 points, their longest double-digit win streak against any single opponent in franchise history.
GSW: Klay Thompson (family reasons) and Festus Ezeli (recovery from right knee surgery) are out.
CLE: C.J. Miles (left ankle sprain) is TBD. Anthony Bennett (left patellar tendon strain) and Carrick Felix (left patellar stress fracture) are out.
GOLDEN STATE (41-25)
- F Andre Iguodala (9.3 PPG)
- F David Lee (18.5 PPG)
- C Andrew Bogut (7.9 PPG)
- G TBD
- G Stephen Curry (23.2 PPG)
- F Luol Deng (16.5 PPG)
- F Tristan Thompson (12.1 PPG)
- C Spencer Hawes (13.4 PPG)
- G Jarrett Jack (8.6 PPG)
- G Kyrie Irving (21.5 PPG)
Tip-off: 7:30 PST
Location: Oracle Arena, Oakland, CA
Tags: Golden State Warriors