The Golden State Warriors, for once, did not lose to an inferior opponent at home on Tuesday when they defeated the Magic. On Thursday night, they will take on the Milwaukee Bucks, who have the worst record in the NBA.
If the month of March for the Bucks is any indication, the Warriors should defeat them soundly. The Bucks have lost five straight, and eight of their last nine. A team that many expected to make the playoffs before the season, to say the Bucks have disappointed would be an understatement.
But all of that means nothing if the Warriors don’t take advantage of a weak opponent in their schedule before they face the Spurs on Saturday. The Warriors will be without starting forward Andre Iguodala, who is dealing with shoulder tendinitis, and may also be without Andrew Bogut, who did not play on Tuesday with an injured ankle.
In the midst of a five-game homestand, the Warriors need to win this game to keep the momentum going and gain some ground in the Western Conference playoff picture.
Tale of the Tape
- Points per game: 103.5 (11th)
- Field-goal percentage: 45.9% (9th)
- Three-point percentage: 37.7% (6th)
- Defensive field-goal percentage: 43.4% (T-3rd)
- Rebounds per game: 45.2 (5th)
- Turnovers: 15.1 (T-25th)
- Points per game: 94.8 (T-28th)
- Field-goal percentage: 43.1% (26th)
- Three-point percentage: 35.6% (T-16th)
- Defensive field-goal percentage: 46.6% (26th)
- Rebounds per game: 41.3 (25th)
- Turnovers: 14.3 (16th)
Courtesy of Warriors.com game notes:
- Milwaukee has taken seven of the last nine games against Golden State.
- The Warriors haven’t won consecutive games against Milwaukee since winning three-straight from Dec. 5, 2007 to Dec. 10, 2008…They haven’t swept the Bucks in a season series since 2007-08.
- Golden State’s win over Milwaukee on Jan. 7 was its 10th consecutive win, the second-longest winning streak in franchise history.
- In two career games against Milwaukee, Andrew Bogut has averaged 6.0 points, 11.0 rebounds and 3.5 assists.
GSW: Andrew Bogut (left ankle inflammation) is TBD. Andre Iguodala (right knee tendonitis) and Festus Ezeli (recovery from right knee surgery) are out. Nemanja Nedovic and Ognjen Kuzmic are on assignment with the Santa Cruz Warriors of the D-League.
MIL: Carlos Delfino (post-surgery, right foot) and Larry Sanders (fractured orbital bone) are out.
GOLDEN STATE (43-26)
- F Harrison Barnes (9.6 PPG)
- F Draymond Green (5.9 PPG)
- C David Lee (18.5 PPG)
- G Klay Thompson (18.1 PPG)
- G Stephen Curry (23.4 PPG)
- F Khris Middleton (11.9 PPG)
- F Ersan Ilyasova (11.2 PPG)
- C Zaza Pachulia (7.2 PPG)
- G Nate Wolters (7.3 PPG)
- G Brandon Knight (17.5 PPG0
Tip-off: 7:30 PM PST
Location: Oracle Arena, Oakland, CA
Tags: Golden State Warriors