Here are the 25 Greatest Players in Golden State Warriors history.
The Golden State Warriors have had a lot of ups-and-downs over the course of their franchise history. They’ve won four championship; one of just five teams in league history to do so. They’ve also lost a lot, especially since moving to the Bay Area.
Whether they were winning a title or finishing at the bottom of the standings, the Warriors have had a lot of really good players suit up for them. From transcendent figures to All-Stars to solid players, the franchise has had more quality players than most franchises. Even if their rafters don’t reflect that.
More from Blue Man Hoop
- 3x champion may come to regret forgoing Golden State Warriors reunion
- Golden State Warriors: History shows USA may need Stephen Curry for more than the Olympics
- 7 players Golden State Warriors might replace Klay Thompson with by the trade deadline
- Golden State Warriors villain pours on more pain to end USA’s World Cup
- Golden State Warriors: Stephen Curry continues philanthropic efforts off the court
It’s important to look back on a franchise’s history and celebrate the greats that have played for it. It’s also really fun. So I’ve compiled a list of twenty-five of the greatest Warriors (Philadelphia and Golden State) in franchise history.
For this list, I took several different factors into consideration. I looked at statistics during the player’s Warriors career, but that wasn’t it. I also took a look at how they stacked up against the competition. This isn’t necessarily about which players you’d start an all-time team with because I, personally, believe that modern-day players are significantly better than those from previous generations. Context is important here.
I weighed what they meant to the team and the organization. Some players can be fantastic, but they may not embody what it means to be a Warrior. Some guys do and this list will honor that. Take a look.
Next: Honorable Mention